Steel Cities is looking worker to help in the following area’s
What do we do in Tech? – We look at cars. Lots of cars – everything from cars that have been racing for 50 years to showroom fresh vehicles. Cars that have 90 horsepower and cars that have 600 or more. We work with the drivers, the stewards, and other race officials to assure that the competitors have safe, compliant vehicles. To do so we look at cars before they race, while they race and after they race. Before a race we primarily look at safety issues and the car’s compliance with the General Competition Rules and Regulations (the GCR – our guidance in all we do). SCCA provides in the GCR general safety requirements for all vehicles. The GCR is both published as a book and available
on the SCCA website. http://www.scca.com. During a competition we may be checking the cars on course for leaks, loose parts or potentially dangerous conditions. After the race we congratulate the winners, commiserate with the non-winners, and look at cars for technical compliance. Then we socialize.
The purpose of the F&C organization is to provide safe, effective and timely course control during the event. This is done by:
• Observing everything within their area of responsibility – cars, drivers, spectators, safety equipment, barriers, etc – for any unusual or improper condition that may affect the safe conduct of the event.
• Signaling the drivers with flags, lights, hand signals or other means of any change in the condition of the course or the condition of their cars.
• Communicating all relevant information about of the condition of the course, the competing cars, and any situation requiring decisions or actions by race officials.
• Relaying received information and instructions to affected personnel, including emergency vehicle crews, drivers, or other participants.
• Undertaking limited, emergency first-response action required to protect lives and property in the event of an accident.
PVGP Historics at Pitt Race July 6-8 2018 Flag meeting 7:30am each day.
PVGP Vintage Races at Schenley Park July 14-15 2018 Flag Meeting 7:30 am each day
KeyStone Speed Fest at Pitt Race August 3-5 2018 Flag meeting TBD
Steel Cities SCCA Club race at Pitt Race August 11-12 2018 Flag Meeting 7:30 am each day
For the PVGP there is no need to be a SCCA member to work these events.
For Keystone Speed Fest not sure if you need to be a member to work this event.
For the SCCA Club race you need to be a member, but if you are not Steel Cities will provide a free weekend membership
SCCA PRO is coming to PittRace August 3-5 have the chance to be part of a great weekend of Racing from TransAm, F3,F4